There are many ways to support the ongoing ministry of Camp Allegheny. Endowments, creative gift planning, estate planning, and memorials are just some of the ways to ensure the long-term viability of this ministry while providing real and, sometimes significant, tax benefits to you and your family.
You can designate where you would like your donation to go as well. Some possibilities include: summer camp, retreats, building needs, summer staff scholarships, new activities areas, or specific programs already in place.
- Cash: always welcome to help fulfill immediate needs of the camp
- Appreciated Securities: securities that have appreciated in value, but are paying only a small dividend may be a significant gift and yet avoid paying any capital gains tax on the gift
- Wills: there are many ways to include Camp Allegheny in your will; provide a specific amount, designate a specific item, personal property, a percentage of your estate, or a residual bequest are a few
- Real Estate: gifts of real estate can be given in different ways as well; given as an outright gift, a reserving life estate where you continue to use the property for the rest of your life, benefits from tax deductions, or funding a life income gift through real estate
- Personal Property: automobiles, jewelry, art collections, etc. can help provide for camp
- Life Insurance: there are many ways you can provide for camp through a life insurance policy; a paid up policy, a new policy benefiting Camp Allegheny, naming camp as a beneficiary of an existing policy, assign dividends, use as a guaranteed pledge, funding of a trust and more
- Life Income: you are able to give an asset you own to camp, but to retain the lifetime income from the asset; Charitable Gift Annuities, deferred payment gift annuities, charitable remainder unitrusts, charitable remainder annuity trusts, and pooled income funds
- Giving Income Gifts: through this gift plan you, the donor, assign the income to camp with the remainder, at a specified time, to be returned to the donor or passed on to other family members
- Retirement Plans: donors can include Camp Allegheny as a beneficiary of their IRA, profit sharing, Keogh, tax sheltered annuity or other pension plan
- Stocks and Bonds: direct donation of stock or E, EE and H bonds